We help groups carry out a number of one off projects in and around Hue. The projects are designed to provide groups with a unique experience, by teaching them practical skills which are put to use to benefit children’s shelters and care institutions in the province. Our role is to find places that are in need of renovation or construction work, and organise everything for the groups. These projects are ideal for colleges, schools or groups of students, but also companies and other groups wanting to participate in team building exercises whilst doing something useful for the wider community!
What we provide
We work closely with partner groups before they arrive in Vietnam, providing them with…
- A detailed outline of the project proposed;
- Arrangement of basic accommodation and food (or resources to prepare food);
- Professional local workers to help train groups how to carry out their work;
- Support of our local staff and volunteers to help co-ordinate activities and translate;
- Permission and support from relevant local authorities in Vietnam.
What the group gets from the experience
The purpose of our group programs is also to ensure that the groups get…
- A unique experience of Vietnam and a genuine exposure to the way the people you work with live and work;
- A great opportunity for team building and character building skills and development;
- The chance to make a substantial impact on the quality of life in orphanages and other care institutions;
- A tailored solution to your group!
Want to know more?
To apply for this programme, or simply to learn more, get in touch and we will discuss the options that we have currently available.
NOTE: Because of the time it takes to cover the administration to send volunteers to Vietnam, usually you will have to apply a minimum of two months before the proposed start date of your placement. All members will also need to apply for working permits. Applicants will require a university degree, 5 years work experience, a police check, and medical check. We can discuss this process with you in more depth.
The potential projects are very diverse, and we will consider each one carefully. We cannot accommodate every group that applies, though we do our best.
Our Group Volunteer Programmes are designed to be fun and flexible. We match groups from schools, colleges and other organisation to projects that need support in central Vietnam.
Take a look at these recent examples to get an idea of the work we have been doing.
An Cuu Kindergarten – Kitchen Refurbishment
A group from Singapore Managament University collaborated with us in December 2010 to build a kitchen.
An Tay Children’s Shelter – Playground Construction
We worked with six students from St Joseph’s Institute International School in Singapore to construct a new playground at An Tay children’s shelter.
Read the full report below:
An Dong and Loi Nong Kindergartens – Renovation
Another group from Singapore Management University came to Hue in December 2011 and volunteered in two kindergartens.
Read the full report below:
Watch this space for more reports coming soon!
If you are interested in discussing future opportunities for having your group work with us then please get in touch.